Balanced diet is right quantities of foods from all different food groups which can promote good health. Nutritionists say there are five main food groups – whole grains, fruit and vegetables, protein, diary, and fat & sugar. Choose Health in the grand scheme of life, one of the most important things is your health and your family’s health. What we tend to forget is that a good portion of the responsibility for that health rests on our shoulders. It’s easy and tasty to eat poorly. That’s why obesity is at an all-time high along with the many chronic health issues associated with being overweight. Small changes in your everyday choices can make a big difference in your overall health. Don’t dwell on past failures or worry about tomorrow. Instead, plan for today and choose health. When faced with choices that impact your health remember that you have options. The proportion has to be decided based on your calorie level requirement.
All diet is considered healthy in one way or the other but all the types of diet have various pros and cons. Some of these types of diet, as well as their pros and cons are describe below:
Vegetarian diet: These types of diet follow all the food which excludes meat. It also avoid food contained by- product of animal slaughter, such as gelatin.
The pros of vegetarian diet:
- Better Weight control
- Potential health benefits like control over blood pressure, diabetes etc.
- This type of food provides benefits as long as it includes food sources with potassium and dietary fiber.
The cons of vegetarian diet:
- Possible Nutrients deficiencies
- False Assumption of automatic Health benefits
Non-vegetarian diet: These types of diets follow all the food which include meat and all the products which include animals flesh and byproducts of animals.
The pros of non- vegetarian diet:
- This type of food contains high quality protein.
- Regeneration of hair, nails, etc. is attributed to
- These types of food helps repair muscle mass
The cons of non-vegetarian diet:
- Killing for meat is considered as inhumane
- Various raw meats like beef; sushi etc. can be a source of disease
Weight Control Diets: A desire to lose weight is common motivation to change dietary habits, as a desire to maintain an existing weight. Many weight loss diets are considered by some to entail varying degrees of health risk, and some are not widely considered to be effective.
The pros of weight control diet:
- A good diet plan gives you structure and a proven system to follow.
- These types of diet create weight loss … not pills or herbal formulas.
- These types of diet allow you to control calories so that you burn more calories than you take in.
- These types of diet are the most effective way to lose weight.
Cons of weight control diet:
- Can be very frustrating if you don’t follow a good plan.
- Requires some degree of discipline.
- Tends to be thought of as something very negative
Diet followed for medical reasons: people’s dietary choices are sometimes affected by intolerance or allergy to certain types of food. There are also dietary pattern that might be recommended, prescribed or administrated by medical professionals for people with specific medical needs.